Monday, March 9, 2015

Crock Pot Crab Rangoon Dip

**originally posted on WGLR.com on 3-2-15**

One of my favorite things to get when we go out for dinner at a Chinese restaurant is Crab Rangoon. Oh, how I love them, dipped in sweet & sour sauce especially! So, when I came across this recipe online, I knew I had to try it! It isn’t bad, although I prefer it surrounded in a deep fried wonton wrapper! But this was quite tasty on a cracker, and easy to throw together. You could even use it as filling to make your own rangoon at home if you are feeling adventurous! For this recipe, use a small crock pot like the little dipper, or a 2.5 quart one (which is what I did).
crab dip

Crock Pot Crab Rangoon Dip

2 8oz bricks of Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
4 Green Onions, chopped
1 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 12oz Package Imitation Crab Meat, pulverized
Add all ingredients to the crock pot and mix together as well as you can (it helps to cube up the cream cheese). Cook on low for about 2 hours, stirring at least once. Serve on crackers or any dipper of your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment