Monday, December 9, 2013

Crockpot Nutella Hot Chocolate

With Thanksgiving behind us, it’s time to bring on the jingle bells! The Jacobs household decked the halls this weekend, and of course, my crock pot had a part in the fun. Yesterday, we hung some lights outside, pulled the tree and decorations up from the basement, and trimmed our 2013 tree. My 4 year old son was my decorating assistant. All of his ornaments are on the bottom half, of course! While we were decorating, I had THIS delicious treat cooking away…Crock Pot Nutella Hot Chocolate! And yes, it is as delicious as it sounds. Make it for your family and friends all winter long to warm them up and make them smile!
To be honest, I didn’t actually use Nutella, I used the new Jif hazelnut spread. We got a free jar of it in our goodie bag at the Taste of Home Cooking School in early November. The stuff is seriously delicious! And let me tell you, this hot chocolate is divine. Thick, rich, & creamy! And yes, I did top it with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, because I am an adult, and I can put chocolate sprinkles on my hot chocolate if I want to! HA!
nutella

Crock Pot Nutella Hot Chocolate

  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 5 cups milk
In a saucepan, combine cocoa, Nutella, sugar & water. Bring to a gentle rolling boil. Transfer mixture to crock pot and add milk. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. If desired, top with whipped cream or marshmallows when serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment