Monday, October 21, 2013

The Crock is back! Season 3's first recipe is Cafe Rio Chicken!

(originally posted on www.WGLR.com on 10-14-13)
IT’S BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!
The first Crock of the Week for this season! This is the third season of sharing recipes with you all, and I enjoy it so much.  I use my crock pot all year long, not just in the colder months. This particular recipe I made a few times this summer, it’s PERFECT for parties and get-togethers. For my daughter’s 1st birthday in June, I had a chicken taco/nacho bar, and made a huge batch of this for people to build their own tacos with. I also had some buns on-hand for those who preferred to eat it in sandwich form. I also made it when we had a cabin getaway weekend with friends, everybody loved it! It’s so versatile! leftovers can be used for a taco salad, enchiladas & burritos, cheesy chicken dip for your next football party, you name it. Plus, it freezes well. Make a double or triple batch and freeze some of it to use later for a lickety-split meal. And I admit that I call it “crack chicken” because it is so addictive! It’s so  tasty! Haha!

CAFE RIO CHICKEN

  • 2lbs chicken breasts
  • 3/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
  • 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 packet (3 Tbsp) dry ranch dressing mix (mixed with 1/2 cup water)
  • 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp cumin
Put chicken in the crock pot. Add all ingredients, and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until chicken easily shreds up with a fork. Shred chicken with 2 forks and return to crock. I like to let it cook for at least another half hour so the shredded chicken soaks up all the juices. Enjoy!
**TIP!!! If you make a double or triple batch, here is a SUPER easy way to shred a large amount of chicken: If you have a stand mixer like a kitchenAid, put the cooked chicken in there with the paddle attachment, and in less than a minute, you will have perfectly shredded chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment