Monday, December 1, 2014

Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole

**originally posted on www.WGLR.com on 11-24-14**

Thanksgiving week is upon us! I would like to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you enjoy a delicious meal with family and friends this year. If you are hosting the big meal, or need to bring a dish to contribute to a gathering, I am helping you out! This recipe is a traditional holiday dish at my family celebration, and likely at yours, too. Using your crock pot to help with meal prep is a great idea, especially if your turkey is hogging the oven. So, put your GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE in your crock pot! This is easy and delicious. I tweaked the original recipe I found for this online by adding a few dashes of soy sauce, but the grated parmesan cheese in this recipe really stepped this dish up a notch, so I was happy I found it! Sometimes we never revisit recipes we have been making for years, but this one proves that it doesn’t hurt to do that now and then.
green bean cass

CROCK POT GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

  • 3 cans (14.5oz) green beans (I prefer french cut. You can also use fresh or frozen beans)
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • a few dashes soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1-6oz can french fried onions
Drain the beans and pour into crock. Stir in soup, milk, soy sauce, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, and HALF (3oz) of the container of french fried onions. Stir until well combined. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2. Just before serving, sprinkle the remaining french fried onions on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment