Monday, March 4, 2013

Slow Cooker Sauced Chicken





This week’s recipe is mainly for the sauce. I got the recipe from a friend, and she says they use the sauce on many things, but it is especially good on chicken and ribs. I made it with chicken breasts, because that is what I had on-hand, but you can use any cut of chicken you like, bone-in or out, fresh or frozen. It just seems to be a good sauce for many different meats. Plus it is easy to make! I had everything in my pantry for it, I love recipes with basic ingredients that are so versatile and easy to whip up! I served the chicken with sauce over white rice, and it was delicious.  If you try it on ribs, let me know how it is!


SLOW COOKER SAUCED CHICKEN

  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1tsp chili powder
  • 1 to 1.5 pounds chicken pieces of your choice
Place the chicken in your slow cooker. Mix all the other ingredients together in a medium bowl and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment