Monday, February 13, 2012

Crock Pot Blueberry Cobbler




I'm giving you a special treat this week...Crock Pot Blueberry Cobbler! I found this recipe on the back of a bag of Schwan's frozen blueberries, of all places. I kept the bag, but never got around to trying it until this weekend. Happy I did! This works best in an oblong crock, not the old tall crocks. Also, the original recipe calls for 16oz of blueberries (which is what the Schwan's bag is), but I could only find 12 oz bags in the store locally (My Schwan's guy isn't scheduled to come until this week for us, haha!). Honestly, that was enough, those 12 ounces were very juicy! I was impressed though, and the nice thing is that you can keep it warm in the crock until you want to eat it. YUM! Then that scoop of ice cream can melt on it nicely! I think I am going to try this recipe again soon with some Door Country cherries I have in my freezer.

Crock Pot Blueberry Cobbler

1 c flour
1 1/4 c sugar, divided
1 t baking powder
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c water
2 eggs
3 t lemon juice, divided
1 (12 oz) bag whole frozen blueberries
Mix together the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sour cream, water, eggs, and 1 tsp of the lemon juice. Use a whisk to get it as lump-free as possible. Pour batter into the crock.

Then in a small bowl, pour in the blueberries, remaining 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Stir to coat all the berries with sugar, and pour evenly over the batter in the crock.

Cook on high for 2 to 2.5 hours. Don't overcook, or the batter will be chewy! You want cakey, not chewy! Throw on a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment